Calwax machinable wax is a safe non-toxic machine proofing material which
does not produce razor sharp chips or offensive dust particles as other proofing
materials. It is mainly used for prototyping applications. Calwax machinable
wax is well suited for high speed machining equipment and will give consistent
results, time and time again.
- Machinability - can be used for any machine operations.
Unlike plastic or wood materials used in simliar applications, this wax
is not cellular, grainy or abrasive, so voids and unnecessary tool wear
can be avoided.
- Self-Lubicating - non-abrasive, self-lubricating material
will not heat fuse even at high machine speeds. This eliminates the need
for coolants or lubricants.
- Reclaimability - can easily be remelted
and recast into a size or shape.
- Reproduces Fine Detail - fine and intricate
details are accurately reproduced. Air bubbles are greatly reduced with
our low viscosity version.
- Short Hardening Times - solidifies quickly and
forms a hard, stable shell.
- High Strength - will not distort upon mold
removal and will maintain shape and size even at elevated ambient temperatures.